Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2017

A brazen attempt at blazon poetry

Reading Natalie Goldberg's books serve as my daily writing prompts. A couple days ago I read about Blazon poetry in her book The True Secret of Writing: Connecting Life with Language and naturally attempted my own. Goldberg suggested penning a list, an ode to something or someone you love. It's a fun exercise no matter what you think of my own scrawling, a snippet of which I am sharing here. Give it a whirl; you may find yourself addicted to the process!

A Blazon to Summer

Days of insomnia.
Light pools an immense lake.
Morning explodes in chirps.
Days linger; a lover remaining close.
Flowers a frock.
Grass slippers.
Moss socks.
Snake play toy.
Sun bath.
Lawn mower cicadas.
Crickets evening symphony.
Herons statue heralds.
Bees gossiping neighbors.
Dogs synchronized to the sun,
We sleep no more.

No comments: