Pages

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year!
Apparently 2009 is the Year of the Ox in the Chinese Zodiac.  I've been calling it the "Year of the O" as in President-elect Obama.  It could also be called the "Year of Hope."  Either way, we'll soon be in good hands.  Thanks be to the voters.  And, I have no doubt, a higher power--whatever name you may call Him (or Her).

I teach my first UNH class on Inauguration Day and plan to release my students early so we can each catch the swearing-in ceremony as it is broadcast live.  While the communal lunch and viewing of the Inauguration at my favorite independent cinema (Red River Theatres) has just sold out, the good folks there have sent along word that the Concord Monitor is sponsoring a community viewing of the historical event at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord.

So while I ponder returning home to watch it in the privacy of my living room or of joining others to experience it, I am wondering what you're planning to do for the day?  (Survey to the right, or feel free to comment here.)

A happy new year it is!  With or without today's lovely snow, ice, and freezing-rain event; captured above is evidence of the last icing.  Beautiful.  Magnificent.  And such a pain in the you-know-where.  :)

1 comment:

Emma said...

Why hello to you! I am still a blogger! with a new blog, but the same site you showed me what seems like so long ago! I am still waiting for the right time to take script writing, it needs to fit my schedule, I hope your still at UNH when the time is right for me to take it (I am not lucky enough to be taking any communications classes this semester, and yes it IS my major!)

Hope all is well with you, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Emma